Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Dryer fire damages Farmington home

Email News Alerts

Laundry is one of those pretty mundane tasks that everyone ends up doing sooner or later. But for one Farmington resident, doing laundry wasn't so boring Wednesday.

Advertisement

Just before 3 p.m. Tuesday, Farmington firefighters responded to the report of a basement fire on the 18100 block of Echo Terrace. According to Farmington fire marshal John Powers, the fire started in the dryer, then extended into the wall cavity behind the dryer.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Michelle Leonard
Michelle Leonard joined the Woodbury Bulletin staff in November, 2014, after 14 years covering news for the Bulletin's sister publication, the Farmington Rosemount Independent Town Pages.  Michelle earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communications: News-Editorial from Mankato State University in 1991. She is an active member of the American Legion Auxiliary Clifford Larson Unit 189 of Farmington, and is the 2014-15 Third District President to the American Legion Auxiliary Department of Minnesota. Michelle is also the volunteer coordinator for the Minnesota Newspaper Museum which is open annually during the Minnesota State Fair. She has earned Minnesota Newspaper Association awards in Investigative Reporting, Local News Coverage, Feature Photography and Column Writing. 
(651) 702-0974
Advertisement
randomness