Fire disrupts 2 Farmington businessesA downed power line may have caused a fire at Family Chiropractic and B & B Motors Monday afternoon.
By: Michelle Leonard, The Farmington Independent
A downed power line may have caused a fire at Family Chiropractic and B & B Motors Monday afternoon.
The Farmington Fire Department was called to the two businesses around 1:20 p.m. Monday, Farmington fire marshal John Powers said, after someone at the chiropractor’s office reported what they thought to be an electrical wire burning. When firefighters arrived, they found an electrical wire that was hot.
As firefighters started working on the building, they discovered there was fire smoldering in the walls and attic, Powers said. The Lakeville department also responded, bringing two chiefs and its ladder truck to lend assistance.
According to Powers, a tree trimming service clearing trees on a lot off of First Street had knocked down one of the power poles on the same block earlier in the day. Powers suspects the downed power line caused the fire.
“I’m thinking the two may very well be related,” Powers said at the scene. He will not know for sure until he has a chance to talk to someone from Xcel Energy.
The building had been evacuated and no injuries were reported.