Student column: Know your holiday triviaBased on all the decorations, music, and the recently fallen snow, you can tell that Christmas is just around the corner. When people are asked what their favorite holiday is, the most common answer is Christmas.
Based on all the decorations, music, and the recently fallen snow, you can tell that Christmas is just around the corner.
When people are asked what their favorite holiday is, the most common answer is Christmas. There are many reasons for people liking Christmas. For example, it may be that they like snow and Christmas occurs during the winter when there is snow regularly fluttering down. Another reason is that they like the decorations.
Christmas is normally the only holiday where people put up decorations, like Christmas lights, and many people enjoy the festivities of that. Listening to Christmas music is also a common answer for why people enjoy Christmas so much. Many say that it puts them in good spirits or gives them holiday cheer.
When young kids are asked why they like Christmas, the first answer is usually presents. Presents are a fun way to show the people you love just how much you love them by personalizing a gift just for them.
Eating candy canes, drinking hot cocoa, making snowmen, having snowball fights, eating lots of food and getting together with your family also are parts of Christmas that bring joy to many people. While Christmas is a popular holiday, some people tend to be a little rusty on their holiday trivia. Recently at a FCA meeting with some fellow high school students, we played a trivia game about Christmas. The answers seemed simple and obvious, and it was surprising how many of them we just couldn’t think of. They definitely pulled at our brains and made us think, but we had a lot of fun doing it. So here are some Christmas questions for you. See how many you can answer. Maybe try challenging a friend or family member to see how many they can answer correctly!
1. In the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”, what is given out on the 10th day?
2. In “A Christmas Carol”, who is the first ghost to appear to Scrooge?
3. Finish the title to this classic Christmas special: “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and the Island of…?
4. What three gifts did the wise men bring to baby Jesus?
5. In “Twas the Night Before Christmas,” not a creature was stirring, not even a…?
6. According to the song, “Frosty The Snowman” what kind of soul does Frosty have?
7. Good tidings to you, and all of your what?
8. In Frosty the Snowman, what was the name of the magician with the “Magic Hat”?
9. How much did Lucy charge for a psychiatric session in the classic Christmas TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas?
10. In the Christmas Classic, It’s A Wonderful Life, what happened every time a bell rang?
Merry Christmas, everyone!
1. 10 Lords a Leaping
2. Ghost of Christmas Past
3. Misfit Toys
4. Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh
6. A jolly, happy soul
7. All of your kin
8. Professor Hinkle
9. Five cents
10. An Angel got his wings